Call for registrations to International Competition for the Development Plan of the Old HANGLAS Site
Korea, South Architecture News - Jun 01, 2021 - 14:02 2781 views
The Korean Institute of Architects has launched an international competition to select a specialized enterprise that is able to develop innovative, contemporary and creative ideas, and to carry out the required services for establishment of the development plan of the old HANGLAS site.
About the Competition
This competition is a publicly open international competition for domestic and international specialists. All submissions must be received as digital files.
Participation registrations should be made between Wednesday May 12, 2021 and Saturday, June 12, 2021 via e-mail registration. Entry submissions should be made till Monday, July 12, 2021 by 17:00.
Detailed competition schedule can be seen below.
Participation and Eligibility
- Participation only for professional domestic and international architects, experts, or enterprises (corporations) in urban design or landscaping. Regarding participation as a team; the maximum number of members is 5 (including entrants listed as an enterprise).
- To stimulate the nurturing, and development, of unique ideas, joint participation of Korean and foreign companies is highly recommended.
- With joint participation as a team, one representative must be appointed, and this representative must take responsibility to submit the team’s entry, to receive and submit any related documents, and to acquire or abandon the rights of the team.
- Once registered the representative cannot be changed, but changes in the joint participants (other than the representative) is possible until entry submission.
- Participation as an individual, team, or enterprise as an expert is possible, but after winning, it is requisite to perform joint supply and demand with a Korean specialized company (corporation). In this case, the principal agent of the service contract shall be the Korean specialized company (corporation). (Finalization of the contract must be completed within 15 days from the winner announcement.)
- Duplicate participation of a group or individual is not allowed in this competition, and the participation of organizers or members of the competition operation committee is prohibited.
View from the project site
Detail view from the project site
Entire district of 345-1, Icheon-ri, Ilgwang-myeon, Gijang-gun, Busan
Awards To The Winners
1st place winner (1)
Being the preferred bidder to provide services for the establishment of the development plan
(Concept design service expenses for the project site development plan 300,000,000 KRW)
2nd place winner (1) 50,000,000 KRW
3rd place winner (1) 30,000,000 KRW
Participation Registration: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 ~ Saturday, June 12, 2021 (E-mail registration)
Question Registration: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 ~ Wednesday, June 02, 2021
Reply: Monday, June 07, 2021
Entry Submission: Monday, July 12, 2021 by 17:00
Technical Review: Wednesday, Jul y14, 2021
Main Review: Friday, July 16, 2021
Winner Announcement: Monday, July 19, 2021
The time stated in the guidelines shall be based on Korea Standard Time (GMT+09), and the review schedule and winner announcement are subject to change depending on the circumstances of the ordering agency.
Download all the documents about the competition below:
Download the Participation Registration Form: 001 Participation Registration Form.docx
Download the Entry Submission Form: 002 Entry Submission Form.docx
Download the Questionnaire Form: 003 Questionnaire.docx
All images courtesy of Korean Institute of Architects.