Submitted by WA Contents
STUDIO Architecture and Urbanism magazine: Call for papers - HERETIC
Italy Architecture News - Mar 02, 2021 - 17:26 4232 views
Unconventional / Unorthodox / Unlikeness / Breaking the grid / Different / Alternative / Outside the box / Countercultural.
HERETIC is anything or anyone who does not conform to an established attitude or principles.
What happens when architecture is demolished and doubted, when it is so fragmentary that it calls for a reinvention of its fundamental categories and practices?
In contemporary practice, there are innumerable minor actions able to produ- ce just a chaotic variety rather than a proper direction in the architectural discourse.
What does it mean for architecture and urbanism to be labeled as a HERETIC? Is it different from the status quo comparable to being HERETIC?
How can a HERETIC Architect break the rigid grid and the constraints of this time?
What are the HERETIC processes for the city's transformation?
We are accepting proposals for our forthcoming issue HERETIC. Contributions may be submitted in different forms – essays, photographic projects, illustrations, data visualizations, case studies and projects, interviews, comic strips and even novels – exploring the issue in any field of design: architecture, urbanism, art, photography, graphic design, film... etc.
STAGE 01 (Abstract) - April 11th 2021
- Contributors are asked to send a 200-words abstract about the proposal. - The abstract must be written in English.
- Maximum size of the submission (image included if present): 2MB
STAGE 02 (Final Piece) - May 09th 2021
- Selected contributors are asked to send the final piece, following the guidelines below:
- Essays, interviews and novels should not exceed 3.000 words maximum. - All texts have to be submitted digitally in Microsoft Word (.doc).
- The piece must be written both in English and in the Original language.
- Photographic essays, illustrations, projects...etc. should be sent with a 500 words maximum description.
- All images have to be submitted full color (CMYK), in either JPEG or TIFF format (300 ppi, 36x25 cm)
- All drawings have to be submitted full color, in PDF format.
- For every image/graphic include illustration source, name of photographer/artist and the authorization of copyright holder.
- A short biography of the author/s (max. 50 words)
All submissions via e-mail to: [email protected].
Stage 1: April 11th, 2021
Sate 2: May 9, 2021
Publication: June 2021
Download the brief from this link.
Top image: Pxhere.com (CC_0)
> via STUDIO©