Submitted by WA Contents
Call for submissions to Viktor Nilsen open international architecture ideas competition in Mariupol
Ukraine Architecture News - May 07, 2020 - 15:36 2580 views
Architects, landscape architects and urban planners from around the world are invited to contribute to the Open international architectural ideas competition for landscaping of Vyzvolennia Square and the revitalization of the DASU building with adjacent territory in Mariupol, Ukraine.
This competition is the first annual Viktor Nilsen architecture ideas competition, established in the frame of Mariupol city urban development program.
- to determine the best ideas and authors of the subsequent project for the landscaping of the Vyzvolennia Square and the revitalization of the DASU building and the adjacent area;
- to boost further sustainable development of the site as one of the epicenters of the City Strategy 2021 implementation.
- individuals who were entitled to use the occupational title “Architect”, “Landscape Architect” or “Urban planner” on the day of the announcement of the competition;
- teams of authors headed by a professional architect, landscape architect, or urban planner
Participants may be citizens of any country.
- Vadim Boichenko, Mariupol City Mayor, Ukraine;
- Vitalii Viazovskyi, architect, head of the Donetsk Regional Organization of the National Union of Architects of Ukraine;
- Mikael Colville-Andersen, urban designer and host of the urbanism series "The Life-Sized City", Denmark;
- Stavros Gargaretas, project leader, architect, MVRDV, Rotterdam, the Netherlands;
- Theo Hauben, architect, partner diederendirrix architecture & urbanism, Eindhoven & Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Monika Konrad, architect, urban planner, Head of Municipal Office of Town Planning and Development Strategy in the City of Warsaw, Poland;
- Peter Veenstra, landscape architect and co-founder of LOLA Landscape Architects, the Netherlands.
The competition is held with the support of the National Union of Ukrainian Architects.
Authors of 3 best projects will be awarded the following prizes:
1st prize - 150 000,00 UAH
2nd prize - 100 000,00 UAH
3rd prize - 50 000,00 UAH
Competition launch: May 1, 2020
Submission deadline: 7 August 2020, 18:00 CET
Jury meeting: September 25, 2020
Competition results announcement: September 26, 2020
The competition materials must be submitted in English only.
To read details about the competition and download the competition materials, please visit the competition's website.
All images courtesy of CANactions
> via CANactions