Submitted by WA Contents
HOME 2121| Future Architecture
India Architecture News - Jun 09, 2021 - 19:07 3641 views
The most significant architecture space that we experience throughout our lives is our home. What will be the idea of home in the year 2121? With technological advancement in architecture, our idea of home has changed for the past 100 years and continues to do so even today. Home 2121, architecture competition organized by archiol invites all designers to explore ideas of residential architecture for the future.
Considering the impacts of global population shifts, advanced materials and building techniques, as well as marketplaces like Airbnb and the rise of co-housing, tiny homes.
Propose a single family home. Define how residents interact with the proposed design in graphical representation.
- Presentation Board of the proposed design - size: 30cmx30cm (minimum 2 boards, maximum 5 boards) – no. the presentation board.
- Text summary (min: 200 words, max: 500 words)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals.
- Top 3 Winners
- Honourable Mentions
- Top 20
Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to acknowledge the excellent performance of all Winners, Honourable Mentions and Top 20 entries.
The Top 3 Winners will get an exclusive interview in both – written and video formats.
Photos, interview, and more information about the winners will be published on our website.
The Winners and Honorable Mentions and the the top 20 will be published on the Archiol’s website and other international architecture websites partnered with us.
The best entries will be featured in Archiol’s Ezine and Archiol’s Yearbook.
All the participants will receive e-certificates.
The competition is open to all Designers and Design students.
A zip folder with the presentation board (PDF. Format) & text summary (DOCS. Format).
Please use the participation code as the name of the submission zip folder.
Submissions to be mailed at [email protected].
Subject: Home_2021 – Participation Code
Body: Link to the submission (Google drive / dropbox)
Important dates and judgement criteria
Registration deadline: 28th July 2021
Submission deadline: 5th August 2021
Result announcement: 5th September 2021
After completing the checkout, you will automatically receive a confirmation e-mail. If you can’t find the e-mail in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Payments are handled by PayPal PayU Secure Payment Gateways. We accept all major currencies.
All deadlines are 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
Early Birds (28th March 2021 – 10th April 2021) : ₹ 500 (Indian Nationals) | $10 (Foreign Nationals)
Standard Registrations ( 11th April 2021 – 11th June 2021) : ₹ 800 (Indian Nationals) | $ 15 (Foreign Nationals)
Late registrations (12th June 2021 – 28th July 2021) : ₹ 1200 (Indian Nationals) | $ 20 (Foreign Nationals)
ARB | RIBA | OAR Chartered Architect
- Architect - Arup Venues
- OISTAT CharteredScenographer | Stage and Costume Designer | 3D / FX Artist
- Founder - FAAR Concept Studio s.r.l.
- Architect & Lecturer | The Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech)
- Founding partner | LÜNK arhitektid, a practice based in Tallinn
- Associate Professor | CTES College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Principal Architect | SUNARCS, design consultancy firm.
You can find details about the competition on the competition's webpage.
Competition Rules to follow:
- After completing the checkout you will receive a confirmation email from Archiol, In case you don’t receive an email check your spam folder.
- Participation code is to be created by individual following the instruction mentioned in the registration form.
- The official language of the competition is English. All correspondence with organizers must also be conducted in English.
- Archiol as the competition organiser , reserves the right to modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Contacting the Jury is strictly prohibited.
- Participants will be disqualified if any of the competition rules or submission requirements are not adhered to. Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
- Archiol will have the full authority to publish and promote the material, always indicating the author, who will remain the owner of the idea of the project. By participating to the competition you allow Archiol to publish and diffuse the received material, and to modify it for adaptations to publication formats.
- Archiol can modify the contents of this document provided that the majority of participants can benefit from it. Possible changes will be communicated in time, therefore it is highly recommended to constantly check the website and Facebook/Instagram page.
- The decision of the Jury and Organizers shall be final and no requests for re-evaluation shall be entertained.
Top image courtesy of ARCHIOL.
> via ARCHIOL