Submitted by Pappal Suneja
Call for Entries: Architectural Poetry Competition, 4th Cycle: ‘Design Interpretations’
India Architecture News - May 17, 2021 - 13:12 5252 views
Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 4th Cycle is the fifteenth initiative of the Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization founded by architect Pappal Suneja to spread awareness about this subject and sow the seeds of inspiration to explore and write about Architecture and allied fields from a lyrical perspective.
Theme for the Series in this cycle is ‘Design Interpretations’
A fundamental portion of architecture constitutes design interpretation: the art of conveyance of the basic ideology and theme behind the development of a design form, rather eloquently. So too in poetry, the spine of a theme branches out into its many abstractions, extrapolations embellished with nuance in eloquence. Even though poetry is a string of one breath, one exhalation, it embodies subconscious designing.
We welcome poems in two categories – Collegians and Open (25-100 years of age).
- Submissions are open to all poets writing in English. International submissions are welcome.
- Maximum 3 poems per poet are allowed.
- The poem may be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph (optional).
- Each poem should not exceed 40 lines.
- The entry along with the registration screenshot should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line Architectural Poetry, 4th Cycle - Category (collegians, and Open) in a word document with 12 pt., Arial font, single-line spacing
- All entrants must mention any of their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
- We will announce The winners on 15th July 2021 on all our social media pages.
Jury Panel for the Competition comprises
Rochelle Potkar, Fiction Writer & Poet, Mumbai.
Pappal Suneja, PhD Scholar, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany.
Madhu Raghavendra, Poet, Curator & Social Activist, Mumbai.
Sanan Verma, Architect, Planner & Poet, SPA Delhi.
Sneha Singh, Architect & PhD Scholar, Bauhaus University, Weimar, Germany.
Riddhi Shah, Architect, Researcher & Educator, Rajkot, India.
Submission window for the Series opens on 17th May 2021 – 30th June 2021 (11:59 pm IST/8:29 pm CEST)
- Early Bird Registration till 6th June 2021, (600 INR for participants from India and 11 Euros for International Participants)
- Standard Registration till 27th June 2021, (750 INR for participants from India and 15 Euros for International Participants)
For Queries, Contact: [email protected]
Winning Prizes for the Competition are
‘Bombay Hangovers’ by Rochelle Potkar + a curated set of books worth 7500 INR/100 USD.
Special Mention 1
‘Revered Reminiscences’ by Pappal Suneja + a curated set of books worth 4500 INR/60 USD.
Special Mention 2
‘Make me Some Love to Eat’ by Madhu Raghavendra + a curated set of books worth 4500 INR/60 USD.
Besides this, we shall send attested E-Certificates of Participation to all the entrants and the winning entries shall be featured on several web architectural portals. Also, the best entries shall be complied as an Anthology with ISBN No. after the successful run of all the cycles under this Series.
Note: AJC is a non-profitable initiative and supports underprivileged children of the society, we are also in the process to expand our reach; thus interested organizations may contact us in this regard. For further updates, Visit the Instagram and Facebook handle of the Organisation.
Head Image Design © Saurav Eknath Bavalekar.