Submitted by WA Contents
2A Continental Architectural Awards for Asia and Europe 2018
Spain Architecture News - Apr 28, 2018 - 03:55 7180 views
2A Magazine has announced the release of posters and submission calendar of the fourth 2A Continental Architectural Awards for Asia and Europe (2ACAA). The 2ACAA Architectural Design awards, with the theme "Innovative Contextual Design", are aimed to recognize and praise an individual's or group's substantial contribution to today’s architecture.
This gathering is a manifestation of the diversity of cultures, identities, themes, ideas, and experiences in architecture. It also is a great platform to share, explore and discuss the theory and practice of architecture in a professional environment.
Meet 2ACAA's Esteemed Academic Partner, this time, in SPAIN
As one of our more important policies, every year, we try to hold the award events in an architecturally-significant city of the world, for example in previous years 2ACAA took place in Istanbul, Vienna and Berlin. This year with the effort and attentiveness of Ahmad Zohadi, the chief editor of 2A magazine, the main academic partner of 2A Continental Architectural Awards for Asia and Europe (2ACAA) is Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC). Accordingly, the award ceremony and other events related to the organization of this architecture competition will take place in Barcelona, Spain.
Find out who’s there On the Jury Of the 2ACAA Architectural Design Awards.
Head of Organizing Committee - Ahmad Zohadi. To make this architecture competition more of a valuable experience, 2ACAA is organizing the following events:
- Jury Meeting
- The Award Ceremony
- The exhibition of the candidate projects at the IAAC school of Architecture
- Architectural Presentations by the candidates at the award ceremony
- The selection of the "Innovative Project of the Year by public vote"
- Interaction Forum: A series of speeches and Q&As by professional architects and architecture enthusiasts
Asia: The entry opens on June 1st, 2018 and closes on June 30th, 2018, 4:00 pm CET.
Europe: The entry opens on June 4th, 2018 and closes on July 3rd, 2018, 4:00 pm CET.
First Judging Stage: Online Judgment to select candidate projects: July 5th-12th, 2018
Second Judging Stages: Jury Meeting and judgment of the printed panels at IAAC: July 25th, 2018
Award Ceremony: October 26th, 2018
Innovative Project of the Year by public vote/ Presentation of the candidate projects: October 26th, 2018
Exhibition of The Candidate Projects: October 26th-28th, 2018
Design Criteria of 2ACAA
- Design Achievement including Concept, Strategy and Proceedings
- Technical advancement includes engineering achievements (structural, mechanical, etc.) and innovative use of materials
- Reflection of sense of place and of cultural identity and ecology; environmental sustainability (including ecological, and sociocultural sustainability)
- Social responsibility and community and urban connectivity
- The effects of economical condition on the project
- Transcendent Dimensions of Architecture
Ready to deliver a speech? Join us in Interaction Forum
2A Magazine Interaction Forum is an event, which will take place alongside the award ceremony of the 2A Continental Architectural Awards for Asia and Europe on October 26th 2018. "Interaction Forum" is a social and professional platform for sharing and discussing ideas about "Innovative Contextual Design."
2A Magazine is inviting all the participants of 2ACAA, architecture professionals and enthusiasts to share their lectures with the competition, if approved they will be given a speech time at this event to talk about their vision, ideas and experiences relating to architecture in Asia and Europe. This event also provides a Q&A opportunity for a better understanding of the subject and a deeper social connection between the attendees.
If you are interested in participation please contact 2A Magazine with sufficient info about your speech via email at email@example.com.
All images courtesy of 2ACAA
> via 2ACAA