Submitted by WA Contents
Call for registrations to Library - SONGDO International City, South Korea
Korea, South Architecture News - Dec 09, 2020 - 17:15 5907 views
International Design Competition for Library; SONGDO International City, S.Korea has been launched. This design competition aims to obtain creative and sophisticated design works with an international sense to establish "The Library of SONGDO International City" as an intellectual and cultural symbol of the Songdo citizens for progressing as an international city.
The purpose is to re-organize to be an sustainable culture space with publicity as well as a local identification, and not just an independent structure, that is based on creative ideas for a spatial challenge as its location feature and as a library through understanding the urban and architectural context of IFEZ Songdo International City.
Site Address: 115-2, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon (in Songdo International City), S.Korea
Zoning District: 2nd General Residential District, 1st District Unit Plan Area (in an International Business Complex), Intensive Landscape Management Zone
Site Size: 9,427.4㎡
Required Total Floor Area: 8,000㎡(allowable within ±3% )
Estimated Construction Cost: 24.973 billion KRW (20.81 million us dollars /1 us dollar =1,200 KRW)
Estimated Design Fee: 1,540 million KRW ( 1.288 million us dollars/1 us dollar =1,200 KRW)
Competition Period: November 25 (Wed), 2020 - March 02 (Tue), 2021
Design Period: 11 months after Signing a design contract
Announcement: Nov.25 (Wed), 2020
Participation Registration: Nov. 25(Wed) ~ Dec. 31,(Thur), 2020
Inquires: Dec. 14(Mon) ~ Dec. 18(Fri), 2020, 17:00
Answers: Dec. 28(Mon), 2020
Entry Submission: Feb. 22(Mon), 2021, 17:00
Technical Review: Feb. 24(Wed), 2021
Main Review: Feb. 26(Fri) ~ Feb. 27(Sat), 2021
Result Announcement: Mar. 2(Tue), 2021
No. Name Nationality Title
John Enright (USA) Griffin Enright Architects, Principal
Louis Becker(Denmark) Henning Larsen, Partner & Design Principal
Robert Greenwood (UK) Snohetta, Partner
Lim, Jae Y.(Korea) OCA(Office of Contemporary Architecture), Principal
Lee, Eun-Seok(Korea) Kyunghee University, Professor
Lim, Jong Yup(Preliminary Jury, Korea), Inha University, Professor
Winners and Awards
1st Place winner (1entry)Award and the priority negotiation rights for the basic and working design
2nd Place winner (1entry)Award and KRW 50 million in prize money
3rd Place winner (1entry)Award and KRW 30 million in prize money
4th Place winner (2entries)Award and KRW 10 million in prize money
Honorary Mentions (within 10 entries) Awards
- For Korean architects, it shall be an architect, completing the business registration and running the business pursuant to the 「Certified Architects Act)」 of Korea as of the date of the notification and the architect shall be running an architectural business with no cause of disqualification pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations.
- In the case of foreign architects, they shall be a qualified architect according to the laws of their countries by the time of the announcement date, and if winning, they will be able to conclude a service contact only if they have formed a joint body with a qualified Korean architect according to the related laws.
City view that puts together the local architecture, urban history and future
2) Spatial and urban engagement and expandability as a complex cultural space
3) Securing the optimal design quality through integrated designing
4) Facility planning for everyone
5) Design to create pleasant environments and reasonable (sustainable) energy uses
Organizers details: Korea Institute of Architects
Contact: [email protected].
Registration Deadline: December 31, 2020 05:00 PM
Submission Deadline: February 22, 2021 05:00 PM
Read more about the competition on the competition's website.
Top image courtesy of International Design Competition for Library; SONGDO International City, S.Korea