Submitted by Pappal Suneja
AJC Launches Post Card Writing Contest on the Occasion of World Letter Writing Day
India Architecture News - Sep 01, 2020 - 20:40 5302 views
Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organisation launches Post Card Writing Contest on the Occasion of World Letter Writing Day (1st September 2020). This is the eighth initiative of AJC founded by architect Pappal Suneja to spread awareness about the field and sow the seeds of inspiration to explore and ideate about Architecture and allied disciplines.
Theme for the Contest is
Ever observed how beautiful an autumn leaf is? Tints of yellow, orange, red, brown, and even violet at times. Symbolising fall, but also resurgence; and departure, but also prosperity. Such is a fallen leaf, and the fall itself. Beautiful.
The Contest is ‘open to all’. We welcome postcards from across the globe.
- No Registration is required.
- Each entrant can send upto three submissions. (Word Count for each postcard is 100-200 words)
- The entry should be sent directly to [email protected] with the subject line Post Card Writing Contest – Name 'or' via Postage as per details mentioned below.
- The postcards can be sent to us in any of these three formats.
1. Scan both sides of your handwritten postcard (which is either bought or self-made, following standard size of A6, 148 x 105 mm or 5.8 x 4.1 inches) and email it to us. (Minimum resolution 300dpi and 2000px)
2. 'Or' Use our template and email the entry as a png/jpeg file (again, minimum resolution 300dpi and 2000px)
3. 'Or' Post the hard copy of the postcard to us at the following address
Pappal Suneja, Heinz-Röttger-Strasse 3, 06846
- All entrants must mention their social media handles along with their submission (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
Jury Panel for the Contest comprises of
Jayaraman Subramanian, Veteran Architect & Professor, India
Rajni Suneja, Chartered Accountant, EY London
David Davalos Sanchez, Architect & Researcher, Ecuador
Priya Vashishth, IP Analyst and Strategist, Chandigarh
Pappal Suneja, Design Researcher & Architect, Germany
For Queries, Contact: [email protected]
Submission window for opens on 1st September 2020 - 31st October 2020 (11:59 pm GMT)
There is no Registration required. The entries are to be emailed at [email protected] or posted to the address mentioned in the guidelines above.
Winning Prizes for the Competition are
Citation (A set of Books):
- ‘The Architect's Apprentice’ by Elif Shafak
-‘The Fountainhead’ by Ayn Rand
- ‘Myriad Disciplines of Architectural Writing’ by Pappal Suneja and Bauhaus Booklets
Special Mention (A set of Books):
- ‘Laurie Baker: Truth in Architecture’ by Atul Deulgaonkar
- ‘The Pursuit of Happiness: A Book of Studies and Strowings’ by Daniel G. Brinton
- ‘Poetry & Architecture’, Series (18-19) curated by Pappal Suneja and Bauhaus Booklets
Head Image Design © Saurav Eknath Bavalekar