The main reason why people seek the help of wellness retreat centers is the significant results they get from their visits there both physically and mentally. Such centers are a perfect mean to promote therapeutic ecotourism.
Also, by consciously incorporating greenery into our interior spaces through plant tissue culture and growing herbal plants in a controlled environment, we unconsciously connect with nature, bringing the outside world into the built environment and experience the human senses from the inside out.
As a result of the used methodologies, it has been found out that integrating alternative therapy alongside with the technology of plant tissue culture through the establishment of a wellness center that uses interior design to effectively deliver the purpose of mental healing through its activities, indoor healing gardens, and PTC wall treatments which is what this project ultimately targets.
Research Title: Solving Interior Design Challenges in Alternative Therapy Eco-Tourism
Project Location: South Sinai, Wadi Zegheir, Egypt.
- Touristic Destination
- Local Materials
- Herbal Plants Availability
- Meditative Qualities
- Sustainable Facilities
Used Sustainable Materials:
- Upcycled Wood
- Palm Reeds
- Local Marble
Sustainability in Interior Design:
- Bearing walls structural system: heat and noise insulation.
- Up-cycled and local materials.
- Energy consumption system: solar panels.
- LED lights usage in most lighting units.
- Herbal plantation production and usage.
- Plantation and vegetation free of water, soil, and waste.
Project List of Activities:
- Indoor Healing Garden
- PTC Laboratory
- Administrative Offices
- Solar Inverters Rooms
- Indoor Seating Areas
- Outdoor Seating Areas
- Meditation Spaces
- Private Pool Suites
- Outdoor Pool
- Pool Deck Area
- Service Rooms
Project Designed and Presented By: Naira Alhoussein Abo Elnaga
Faculty of Arts & Design - Interior Department - MSA University
Under the supervision of:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rasha El Zeiny,
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hoda Madkor
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dalia Ezzat
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ola Hashem
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ahmed Abdelhallim Salama
- LA. Rasha El-Shiaty
Favorited 1 times
Voted 9 times