Nowadays the problem of waste has become an urgent environmental issue and the recycling
does not exceed the 15% in Egypt. So the project is an ecofriendly material lab and Research
center with workshops at El salam city ( It is a city in Egypt that is famous by it has a lot of factories that cause a lots of pollutions and also a large number of local workers that don`t have a craft ) for training the local workers there a craft of turning the wastes and traches into construction materials by the method of the 3R concept which is Recycle ( By using recycled materials ) , Reuse ( by using an old building. )and Reduce ( by using Raw materials and smart technologies ) and integrate in the design the biophilic concept which is using the natural things as natural ventilation , natural light and Greens. then display the raw materials and the prototypes of the construction materials that results from the trashes in the exhibition to show the valuable things that can come out from the wastes.
The Aim of the project: - Eliminate the wastes.
- Increase the industrial base from the wastes that have no value.
- Enhance the economy of Egypt.
- Solves the problem of unemployment in Egypt.
• Recycle which means non endless cycle and the Silkworm has it`s own cycle so the result is Recycling Company
• Reuse which means X changed to Y and Silkworm changes to Cocoon to butterfly so the result Garbage changed to Construction Materials
• Reduce which means something fade by the time and Silkworm reduces by the time and disappeared so the result the Garbage reduced by time and disappeared.
The Concept will be applied through
1- From stripping the lines of the silkworm`s cycle into
• The Exhibition The lines of the movement of the silkworm
• The Workshop The lines of the cocoon
• The Reception The lines of the butterfly
2- From using the Recycled Materials
3- From using an old building.
4- Reduce by using Raw materials and smart technologies.
5- biophilic by depending on natural light & plants for ventilation.
There is no team as it was an individual project.