Submitted by WA Contents
World Architecture Day: Webinar on Architecture for Well-being on 3 October, 2022
France Architecture News - Sep 10, 2022 - 16:20 995 views
In the light of World Architecture Day, the International Union of Architects (UIA) will host a webinar on this year's theme, titled Architecture for Well-being.
Created by the UIA in 1985, World Architecture Day is celebrated annually on the first Monday of October in parallel with UN World Habitat Day.
The theme for World Architecture Day 2022 is Architecture for Well-being. The theme is in line with the designation of 2022 as the UIA Year of Design for Health and the Union’s commitment to use evidence-based design to promote health in buildings and cities.
Join the guests and speakers on Monday 3 October 2022 at 14:00 (CET) for a webinar featuring architects and experts from around the world discussing this year's theme. English-French interpretation will be available.
Moderated by Ruzica Bozovic Stamenovic (Serbia), the webinar will include a presentation by Thiago Hérick de Sá, Department of the Social Determinants of Health, World Health Organization (WHO) discussing what well-being is and the role of architects therein.
It will feature the following presentations:
- Architecture in service to society by Pascale Sablan (USA), Adjaye Associates architect and Beyond the Built Environment founder.
- Nicosia City Master Plan by Agni Petridou (Cyprus) and Ali Guralp (Turkey).
- Healthy Buildings by Jako Nice (South Africa), Studio Konstruk.
- The Healing Landscape In Resilient Built Environment: Kongjian Yu (China), Founder of Turenscape, ecological urbanist, urban planner and landscape architect.
- People-centred urban design by Jan Gehl (Denmark), Gehl.
UIA President José Luis Cortés, Secretary General Pei Ing Tan and Public Health Group Director Ray Pentecost will also speak during the event.
All images courtesy of UIA.
> via UIA