Submitted by WA Contents
UIA launches International Architecture Database to offer reliable and actionable information
France Architecture News - Dec 08, 2020 - 17:51 7663 views
The International Union of Architects (UIA) has launched a new international architecture database to offer "reliable, regularly-updated and actionable information to anyone" who has internet connection.
The new database, called The UIA Architectural Practice Around the World (APAW), is evolving to better respond to the needs of the Union’s Member Sections and architects around the world.
"An initiative of the UIA Professional Practice Commission (PPC), the database will provide valuable information concerning architectural practice in UIA Member Sections," said the UIA.
The new database will be based on seven main categories for each country:
- General statistics on the architectural profession in the country
- International Practice, information about relevant aspects of international ventures
- Licensure Requirement, detailing continuing professional development, education and internship carry
- Practice, detailing the activities architects can carry out, their liability or the insurances they need
- Procurement, referring to the methods to obtain commissions or the way to calculate fair compensation
- Education, dealing with standards, internship, examinations and titles
- Regulation, regarding code of ethics, intellectual property, registration
"The goal of the APAW is to offer reliable, regularly-updated and actionable information to anyone with an Internet connection. This is the UIA at its best: using the combined power of its Member Sections to benefit the advancement of the architecture profession globally," said James Wright, PPC Co-director.
"Let us set up this database for the UIA to share the experience of Architectural Practice Around the World (APAW), promote the sustainable development of Architectural Practice no matter where, and contribute to the realization of human well-being," said Weimin Zhuang, PPC Co-director.
The UIA said: "The graphic interface, in line with that of the UIA, has been improved to simplify and accelerate searching and navigation. The back end of the platform for use by Member Sections has an online form with user-friendly presentation and simple navigation structure."
UIA Member Sections will also receive a user guide to help them access the questions and save their answers. Once submitted for validation, the information will be published on the front end of the APAW platform.
UIA Member Sections are invited to complete this database by 31 January 2021. To do so, each Section will receive a login and password sent directly to their email address. The UIA also encourages its Member Sections to promote the database on their own websites and communication platforms.
View the APAW database on this page.
For questions and comments, please contact the UIA Secretariat: [email protected].
Top image courtesy of UIA.
> via UIA