Submitted by Ali Khiabanian
“Mathematics in Architecture” Workshop will be held on September 15, 2019 in Isfahan
Iran Architecture News - Aug 28, 2019 - 04:24 1528 views
For more information, contract: +98 937 070 7211
Instructor: Dr. Nima Vali Beig, Faculty Member of Isfahan University of Art, Holder of Doctorate Degree in Renovation and Revival
* Traditional Architecture
* Relation of Art and Mathematics (Brickwork, Mugarnas, Girih Tiles, Tile-work, Drawing Regular Polygons, etc.)
Titles of Workshop:
- Application of mathematics in the past architecture design
- All-Purpose shapes in architecture and its related arts.
- Position of regular polygons in the arts related to architecture and carpentry.
- Gold and special shapes and figures.
- Consistency of performance and form using special shapes.
- Relation of ceiling covers and making corners with mathematics.
- Capability and dominance of Iranian scientists in using geometry and calculus in Girih tiles and related images.
- Kinds of Girih tiles
- Snake images
- Special features of Girih tiles in Iranian architecture.
- Application of mathematics of architects in developing geometry.
- Theoretical and practical geometry and mathematical tricks.
> via Memar News