Submitted by WA Contents
International Design Competition: HOME 2122
India Architecture News - Nov 16, 2022 - 11:46 2244 views
Archiol Artuminate has organized this second edition of the Home - future design competition to understand the possibilities of residential architecture in the future and to test the skill of imagination in architecture.
"I believe that the way people live can be directed a little by architecture"- Tadao Ando.
The most significant architectural space we experience throughout our lives is our Home. This competition aims to question the possibilities of homes in the future. What will the idea of Home be in the year 2122?
Our idea of Home has changed over the past 100 years with technological advancements in the architecture and design industry; it continues to do so even today. We have launched this competition to encourage and sharpen imagination, an essential skill required in architectural design, and to discuss future possibilities to avoid the adverse effects of our current actions.
Design a home for a family of 3 – 4 members that live 100 years ahead in the future. Consider the impact of global population shifts, advanced materials, and building techniques.
"To create, one must first question everything." -Eileen Gray.
- Define the context – your imagination of the world 100 years from now.
- Design a home for a family of 3 -4 members.
- Participants should decide the type of building, the area in sq.m, and the location based on their imagination of the future.
- Define how residents interact with the proposed design in graphical representation.
- Name your home – A title that suits your imagination
"Architecture is a dangerous mix of power and importance." - Rem Koolhaas.
- This competition is open to all.
- You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team).
- Design sheets (2 -5) – jpeg. / jpg. format.
- Design description with a title (Min. 300 words) – docx. / docs. Format
- AR (advanced registration) deadline: 20th November 2022
- SR (standard registrations) deadline: 20th December 2022
- LR (late registration): 5th December 2022 – 31st December 2022
Submission Starts: 31st December 2022
Submission Ends: 10th January 2023
Result Announcement: 20th March 2023
Winners (X3): Certificate of achievement + Publication + Interview
Honourable mentions (X3): Certificates + Publication
Shortlisted entries (X10): Certificates
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format.
AR (advanced registration): 1st November -20th November 2022 | $10(INT) / ₹200(IND)
SR (standard registration): 16th November – 20th December 2022 | $12 (INT) / ₹250 (IND)
LR (late registration): 16th December – 31st December 2022 | $15 (INT) / ₹300(IND)
*(INT) – International payments /*(IND) – Indian payments.
To learn details, visit the competition's website.
Contact: Doubts /Queries related to the competition: [email protected].
Request online chat support for queries: DM (Instagram) @archi_ol (Team will redirect you to the chat support).
Payment-related queries: [email protected].
Top image courtesy of Archiol Artuminate.
> via Archiol Artuminate