Submitted by Baden Baden Edgar
Call for projects to Archi-Now competition
Cameroon Architecture News - Nov 20, 2020 - 10:50 1647 views
CHORUS ARCHITECTURE is a multidisciplinary platform for research and development in architecture and related fields (art, design, environment, sustainable development, etc.), which reflects on the reallocation of endogenous knowledge. In order to change the system of values and the factors of perception that force each person to focus on a "distant" and ideal when it comes to finding a solution to the daily problem. An initiative born in Cameroon, CHORUS ARCHITECTURE wants to create a convergence of ideas that have not yet been explored.
CHORUS ARCHITECTURE and its partners organize the ARCHI-NOW competition. This competition rewards the best thesis in architecture (personal work at the end of studies) on the themes and questions of resilience and innovation in the built environment " economy, culture, environment and energy sustainability". All eco-approaches and innovative design, contextual, or projected solutions are expected. Thus, in the evolving context of schools and architectural education, the wish is to distinguish excellence, originality, creativity, or innovation that feeds architectural and urban thinking. All this to encourage research and environmental protection.
The competition concerns the evaluation of the personal end-of-study project, possibly accompanied by a thesis or research paper, depending on the option chosen by the student. This prize is individual in nature. However, exceptionally, 2 or 3 young architects may present a collective project if this is the format chosen by their institution.
Eligibility and language
The competition is open to architects graduating in the years 2019-2020 from all schools of architecture around the world. It is also exceptionally open to graduates of previous years. Applications may be submitted individually or in teams, except for certain schools where the team is carrying out the end-of-year project. Applications must be made in English only and are free of charge.
- Registration: 11 November 2020 - 23 December 2020
- Opening of the project submission: 15 November 2020 - 23 December 2020
- Closing date for submission of projects selected for phase 2: 27 December 2020
- Exhibition of finalist projects at the Archi conference:27 December 2020
- Announcement of the winners: February 2021
- Exhibitions - publications: March 2021
Certificate of achievement, internships, important exhibitions - publications, and others.
The jury is composed of members from all walks of life, such as:
- Hermann Kamté (Architect, HKA, CAMEROON),
- Alain Olivier Moudio (Architect, CMA, ITALY),
- Wilfried N’goran (Architect, NKA, Ivory Coast),
- Manuel Fournier (Architect, international consultant, FRANCE),
- Mojtaba Naghizadeh (Architect and researcher, EV Design, IRAN),
- Amina Louiza Lachecheb (Architect and researcher, USTO-MB, Algeria),
- Daniel Osorio Cardena (Architect, A+CHIE Estudio, Colombia),
- Cedrix Tsambang (Architect and researcher, CA, Cameroon)
- Leonardo Dias (Architect, Base colab, Brazil),
- Udeze Onyema (Architect, BIM Africa, Nigeria),
- Otham Kandri (Architect, Zaha Hadid, England),
- Ngouana Patrick (Artist, Waka Waka Studio, Cameroon).
Top image courtesy of CHORUS ARCHITECTURE
> via CHORUS ARCHITECTURE