Ajay Dattatryarao Kulkarni
Architect – designer.
164, Tilaknagar, Aurangabad
Ph-0240-2331251, telefax: 0240-2323726.
Office in the name of “Interface Designers” 164, Tilaknagar, Aurangabad.
Practicing in the field of
• Interior design,
• Product design,
• Photography, Exhibitions
Bachelor of architecture- B.Arch.
B/Arch form Visvesvarayya Regional Engineering College Nagpur.
Master In Design- M.Des.
From Indian Institute of Technology- Powai. In visual communication.
Exhibition Design –
01. At Nehru Center Worli Mumbai –Discovery of India project.
02. Worked on “Prathama” an exhibition on Indian scripts.
03. Worked on the maps of BEST buses.
04. Designed and executed open air exhibitions and indoor exhibitions for the Trade fares.
01. Worked under Rolland Furst – German photographer
On Photography in artificial light.
02. Practiced photography as a full time profession, serving to artificial light photography, in the Industry for the packaging, manuals, book designs, and exhibitions.
03. Documentation of the monuments in Maharashtra, Andhra, and Karnataka, in black and white and color photography.
01. Passion for Calligraphy, particularly, Devnagari.
02. Conducted several workshops for schools, demonstrating calligraphy. Exhibited own works of calligraphy.
Conservation: Convener of INTACH Aurangabad chapter.
Carried out conservation works of various Gates of Aurangabad, and Khultabad.
Product Design: and Signage designs:
01. Designed dessert coolers, electrical appliances, Electronic gazettes.
02. Designed and executed signage for many campuses of Industrial buildings, Institutes, in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
03. Designed and executed specialized signage for the visually challenged persons.
01. Design of corporate outlets for Bajaj Auto, Mahindra, Tanishq and several other corporate. Display and design of outlets for consumer durables.
Worked with Padmshree Balkrishna Doshi – at his studio “ Sangath” in Ahmedabad. For 03 years.
Faculty at schools of architecture for visual design and architectural design, at CEPT, NID.
Guests lectures at various colleges on design and Architecture and creativity.
Practicing Architecture since 1992 at Aurangabad, involved with designs if Institute buildings, Hospitals, Industrial buildings.
• “Second renaissance” Presented at NATCON 2009, Nagpur.
• Presented works at UIA2011- TOKYO, Sept 2011.
• Speaker at IIID Pune chapter.
• Speaker for ARCASIA- 2012 Bali, Indonesia.
• Speaker at Zonasa 2015
• Speaker for NATCON 2016 INDORE
• 10th Cycle of AGA KHAN AWARD for Architecture- Nomination of Vastaad lahuji Salve Arogya Kendra- A primary health center and institute.
• Nominated for AGA KHAN AWARD for Architecture for – design of Dr. babasaheb Ambedkar Technological Univaersity, Lonere.
• Awarded by THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS – for Excellence in Professional practice and Education 2014.
• World architecture community award for design of university administrative and academic complex at Loner, Raigad, Maharashtra state- India.
• World architecture community award- for the 7th for design of Golden Jubilee School Jalna
• Shortlisted Finalist for SPA Vijayawada proposed campus, 2011
• Selected as speaker for UIA-2011- TOKYO
• Selected as speaker for ARCASIA2012- BALI Indonesia.
• Participated in Thyssenkrupp award for Architecture for an Institute of disaster Management at Istanbul, Turkey.
05: Consultants to other prestigious Institutes:
• DBAT University Lonere.
• IIT-BOMBAY POWAI.
• Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
• Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
• Archeological Survey of India.
• NITIE Mumbai
• National Institute of Virology Pune.
• Consultant for prestigious NATIONAL SALT SATYAGRAHA MEMORIAL – DANDI- GUJRAT.( Ministry of Culture – Project)
Documentaries and films:
• Narrations on Bidar Fort and Daulatabad forts in a film:Forts of India- a film by G.S. Chani Chandigarh
• Art of Faith- Film by Illuminations-London UK – on Ellora Caves.
VNIT NAGPUR AND IIT BOMBAY