Submitted by WA Contents
Call for Entries: Architectural Haiku Writing Contest, 3rd Cycle: Health & Architecture
India Architecture News - Oct 23, 2021 - 14:24 1952 views
Architectural Haiku Writing Contest, 3rd Cycle is the Nineteenth initiative of the Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization founded by architect Pappal Suneja to spread awareness about this subject and sow the seeds of inspiration to explore and write about Architecture and allied fields from a lyrical and explorer’s perspective.
Theme for the Series in this cycle is ‘Health & Architecture’.
Since time immemorial, we have built civilizations on the use of water for cleanliness and hygiene. Be it be Roman Baths, Japanese Garden water bodies, Hammam or washing away Sins in holy rivers. Keeping the body and environment clean is a part of Rituals and Built Environment. But, we have misused it for a long time, Isn’t it? Take a pause to look back and then again look forward to exploring further!
Sick Building Syndrome. Is the building sick? No! It makes the people living in it sick. Health and architecture are correlated beyond one's thinking. At the unit level, thermal comfort in a building helps a human to maintain his physical and mental well-being. Also, now in this pandemic, 75% of the time people are living in their homes. If the spaces are not planned well – it shall create mental sickness in many people.
The 3rd Cycle for the Architectural Haiku calls for a deliberation of anyone or both of the themes as mentioned above. You can Penn down the experience of yours in 17 Syllables in all! Less is More! Try it Out!
We welcome Haiku’s from Collegians, Professionals, Academicians; Researchers & Design Enthusiasts (Open to All)
- Submissions are open to all writings in English. International submissions are welcome.
- Maximum 3 Haiku’s per entrant are allowed.
- An Illustration/Photograph (either self-photographed/curated or with proper credits) must accompany the Haiku.
- Each Haiku should not exceed 17 Syllables (5, 7, and 5 in each of the three lines)
- The entry along with the registration screenshot should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line Architectural Haiku, 3rd Cycle – (Category) in a word document with 12 pt., Arial font, single-line spacing. The Illustration/Photograph with a minimum 300 dpi (3000 px, 2MB minimum size) should be added separately as an attachment.
- All entrants must mention any of their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
- The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
- We will announce the winners in the second week of Dec 2021 on all our social media pages.
Jury Panel for the contest comprises
- Katja Klaus, Research Associate, Bauhaus Dessau Foundation, Germany
- Sabu Francis, Architect & Researcher, Navi Mumbai
- Pappal Suneja, Architect & Design Researcher, India & Germany
- Guido Campi, Architect & Researcher, Argentina & Germany
- Jatinder Kaur, Associate Professor, School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi
- Avinash Bhise, Design Educator & Researcher, Pune
Submission window for the cycle opens on 21st Oct 2021 – 4th Dec 2021 (11:59 pm IST/7:29 pm CEST)
- Early Bird Registration till 4th Nov 2021, (600 INR for participants from India and 12Euros for International Participants)
- Standard Registration till 3rd Dec 2021, (750 INR for participants from India and 17 Euros for International Participants)
For Queries, Contact: [email protected].
Winning Prizes for the Competition are
Citation Award: A curated set of books worth 9000 INR/125 USD.
Special Mention 1: A curated set of books worth 7500 INR/100 USD.
Special Mention 2: A curated set of books worth 5500 INR/75 USD.
Besides this, we shall send attested E-Certificates of Participation to all the entrants and the winning entries shall be featured on several web architectural portals. Also, the best entries shall be complied as an Anthology with ISBN No. after the successful run of all the cycles under this Series.
Poster Curation © Rutuja Sahane.
> via ajc-plus.com