Submitted by WA Contents
The Summit of Architects, Urbanists and Designers ArchEurasia 2021 starts in Ekaterinburg
Russia Architecture News - Dec 14, 2021 - 12:52 1652 views
The Summit of Architects, Urbanists and Designers "ArchEurasia 2021" will be opened on December 13-15, 2021, as the final event of the XVI season of the International Prize for Architecture and Design "Eurasian Prize".
Being distanced from the influence of ideologies and sectoral lobbying pressures, the “ArchEurasia” invites open and free discussion involving all stakeholders - architects, designers, urbanists, popular bloggers, cultural scientists, philosophers, sociologists, technology companies, academic and multidisciplinary institutions, public officials and social movements, as well as students and active citizens.
The focus of attention is the city as a constructor of the future. Discussions will take place in several directions: a city as a cultural landscape, a city and a healthy environment, a city of equal opportunities, a city of heritage, a city as a technology, a city as a design product, a city in motion and new urban mobility.
The outstanding architects and designers will participate in the Summit programme ‘ArchEurasia 2021’:
December 14 (all times are local / time zone in Ekaterinburg)
14.00 – 15.30 live broadcasting from the internet.
- standalone lecture "Designing Nature-based Solutions: Ecological Design".
- Speaker: Dr. Kenneth Yeang King Mun, eco architect (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
- portfolio "Innovative construction engineering techniques: IGZ Campus Falkenberg".
Speaker: Jürgen Mayer H., (J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten mbB, Germany).
- standalone lecture "Residential complexes in Milan from II World War to Nowadays".
Speaker: Lorenzo Degli Esposti, Degli Esposti Architetti (Italy)
16.00 – 17.30 live broadcasting from the internet.
- standalone lecture "Human-friendly urban spaces: a positive transformation of Cities". Speaker: Dieter Brell (3deluxe, Germany).
- standalone lecture "Urban Color Planning and Design of Jinan Key Areas".
Speaker: Guo Hongyu (Guangzhou).
- standalone lecture "Future City: Resilient by Data, Adoptive by Design".
Speaker: Erez Ella, HQ Architects (Tel Aviv, Israel).
20.00 – 21.30 live broadcasting from the internet.
- standalone lecture "Creating Sustainable Value".
Speaker: Erick van Egeraat, EEA (Netherlands).
- portfolio "Salina Municipal Park, Larnaca".
Speakers: Panita Karamanea & Thanasis Polyzoidis (Topio7 Architects, Greece).
- standalone lecture "Gran Malecón: a linear public space, designed to revive the connection between the city and the River".
Speaker: Ricardo Vives Guerra (Puerta de Oro, Colombia).
- standalone lecture "Without the instruction manual : smart products for sustainable cities"
Speaker: Andrea Cingoli, CONCEPTICONstudio (Italy).
December 15 (all times are local / time zone in Ekaterinburg)
11.30 – 13.30 live broadcasting from the internet.
- standalone lecture "Sustainable ways of resourcing and building with timber"
Speaker: Dr. Jeremy Smith, Te Whare Nui o Tuteata (New Zealand)
- standalone lecture "Design with social sustainable agenda".
Speaker: Jeroen Schipper, Orange Architects (Netherlands)
- standalone lecture "Еxpansion of Helsinki Airport by ALA Architects"
Speaker: Juho Grönholm, ALA Architects (Finland)
Anyone can take part in the events of the Summit of Architects, Urbanists and Designers "ArchEurasia 2021".
Registration is required on this link.
All registrants will be sent a link to connect 1 hour before the event.
For the full programme, please click here.
Top image courtesy of ArchEurasia.
> via ArchEurasia