a) The exhibition concept offering all visitors a sensuous and captivating experience of life journey under the water, which is based on various themes such as Jim Corbett forest, Elephanta Cave, the tropical Oceanarium and coral reef – sea rainforest.
b) The Oceanarium focuses on all marine aquatic life, from cold and warm waters, salt etc. In total, Oceanarium contains app. 32,555,614 liters of water and 278 aquariums display tanks. Housing over 224 different species of fish and creatures that can be found in three coasts Malabar, the gulf of Khambhat and Lakshadweep islands.
c) For physically challenged staff and visitor, elevators with carrying capacity 36-64 person. Escalator and ramps will be provided in adequate slopes and queues space, all around aquariums, will enhance moving. Interior range from grand to intimate, giving the exhibits spaces an array of diverse environments and moods.
d) 4D sky ocean motion theatre, aquarium & toy gift shop, Oceanarium Park consist swimming with dolphin & dugong, scuba diving with fish are part of the aquarium entertainment program. Seminar hall, class room, workshop are also part of the aquarium for educational program.
e) A mixture of translucent glass roof, light, sound, advanced AV-technology, air conditioning; reduction of solar gain through moving louvers, will keep the temperature and humidity under control. South face vertical solar panel are used to maintain building atmosphere, will help to cut down solar gain as well as create electricity.
f) Projections, film, interactivity, graphics, illustrations and signs, aimed at all age groups. Ensure that every visitor, regardless of background or interests has the best experience possible.
g) Building safety features use such as fire alarm systems, fire escapes staircase at every 30m distance, fire extinguisher, smoke detectors, sprinklers and biometric face recognition etc.
NOTE: Administration zone, workshop & taxidermy laboratory images are kept confidential. Due security purpose they are not shown, only explain circulation in floor plan
1. Shivaji Memorial Site Area: 1, 59,600 (15.96 Ha) - RECREATIONAL PLOT
2. Proposed Oceanarium Campus Site Area: 30,621 m²
3. Building Floors: G + 6 Floor
4. F.S.I: 0.50 (50%)
5. Building Carpet Area: 12,611 m²
6. Building Built Up Area: 15,131 m²
7. Ancillary Building Services Area: 12,500 m² (Free From F.S.I as per government norms)
8. Building Landscape Area: 12,951 m² (Free From F.S.I as per government norms)
9. Annual Energy Consumption & Surplus:
a) 500 solar panel for oceanarium space, which carry 500W per solar panel. Produce according to sun hours in Mumbai are as follows.
• Annual Required Energy Consumption: 547.5MW
• Annual Energy Generation: 799.7MW
• Annual Energy Surplus: 252.2MW
b) 250 solar panel for public space, which carry 500W per solar panel. Produce according to sun hours in Mumbai are as follows.
• Annual Required Energy Consumption: 273.75MW
• Annual Energy Generation: 399.8MW
• Annual Energy Surplus: 126.1MW
Anirudha .S. Adivarekar (Undergraduation Project)
• Architecture thesis guide: Professor. Asha Baste (B. Arch from Pratt institute, New York)
• External architecture thesis guide: Professor. R .S. Dixit (New Diploma in Architecture from B.K.P.S, Pune)
• Structural engineer thesis guide: Professor. Prabhu Atre (Affiliate of American Institute of Architect)
Rated 13 times